IES Program At A Glance
IES engages with customers from planning to execution through ongoing optimization, providing end-to-end managed solutions which deliver enduring promised results, including ROI. Learn more...
For Technology and Services
- Demand Management:
Utility Centric Solutions (kW)
- Critical peak demand management
- Exercises the more traditional approach of load throttling, shifting or otherwise changing consumer usage in response to market signals, unforeseen events or grid conditions. Ratcheting strategies are exercised for adjusting peak demand reduction to levels as required.
- Predictive demand management
- Operates proactively to hold system demand at forecasted levels by continuously monitoring, forecasting and shifting, as required, each consumer’s level of demand. Individual consumer load curves and peak demand level thresholds are established for each unit, recognizing their unique potential for demand reduction. IES manages demand to these agreed-upon thresholds.
- Capacity Management
- Reshapes individual customer load profiles reducing system aggregate demand levels. Delivers both enhanced accuracy in energy supply forecasting and an ability to more effectively manage those forecasted levels.
- Distributed Energy Resource Management
- Maximizes the economic benefit to all stakeholders from optimizing the combined effects of managing load in combination with operating distributed energy resources and storage.
- Demand Management:
Consumer Centric Solutions (kWh)
- Awareness and Empowerment
- Delivers ongoing assessments of energy use, providing insights to energy performance and tools for modifying operating schedules and temperatures for balance between conservation and cost.
- Whole Building Energy Audit
- Provides remote assessment of building envelope thermal efficiencies, equipment performance and consumer behavior. The results empower consumers to make improvements and offer advice or assistance when appropriate.
- Risk Assurance
- Delivers continuous monitoring of critical building assets providing consumers early warning of performance degradation and protection from unexpected breakdowns to avoid emergency replacements. These early alerts afford consumers the opportunity to take preventive maintenance action versus replacement, or choose proactive, scheduled replacement of equipment.
- Energy Efficiency Optimization
- Takes consumption-reducing actions as appropriate to tune building assets, and adjusts equipment operations to consumer behavior. The intelligence behind this service is a software-based system that dynamically adapts to behavior patterns and changes in operating or market conditions to deliver “just-in-time” energy.
- Distributed Energy Resources economic optimization
- Remotely monitors and manages the performance of on-site generation and storage to maximize returns and reduce consumer energy costs.